Legal time and attorney billing software can save you literally days of administrative work. They can help you with reconciling, referencing, and compiling timesheets and invoices. There are many choices out there specifically created for attorneys. They’ll help you track your time, create invoices, and even reconcile your accounts. Additionally, many of them will sync all that information into your law practice management software. Not only can this help you track your billing, but it can give you an accurate and holistic view of the man-hours being put into matters. So, flat-fee attorneys will benefit from this software as well.
In this Legal Time & Attorney Billing Software portal you can compare features, read community reviews, get additional details, and find the best application for your law firm. If you see an Affinity Partner badge, it means Lawyerist Insiders are entitled to a discount. (Already a member? Log in here. If not, register here—it’s free!)
How to Choose Timekeeping & Attorney Billing Software
When choosing legal time and billing software for your law firm, it can be challenging to know which specific features you need to keep your business running smoothly. We’ll try to make it easy to select the right attorney billing software for you.
- First, determine your firm’s needs for attorney billing software. Some programs offer only timekeeping, while others allow you to create bills and invoices and run reports.
- Read through our feature definitions list.
- Then, get more information about the software that most interests you by visiting the product page for each.
- Finally, sign up for a trial account with one or two likely software options, put them through their paces, and select the one that will work best for your firm.
Legal Time & Attorney Billing Software (Alphabetical List)
Filter by Feature
- Bill4Time is cloud-based timekeeping and billing software with practice management features that cater specifically to lawyers, including document and task management workflows and Trust Accounting with IOLTA reconciliation. Learn more about Bill4Time.
- FreshBooks is timekeeping and billing software with extensive invoicing, payment, and reporting features. Learn more about FreshBooks.
- Timeslips legal time and billing software has been used by lawyers for years, but it is both desktop-based and Windows-only, which limits its utility. Learn more about Timeslips.
- TimeSolv is full-featured, cloud-based time tracking and billing software designed for small to medium-sized lawyers and law firms. Learn more about TimeSolv.
Sorry, no results based on your choices.