It’s time to start collecting nominations for our 10th Annual Best Law Firm Websites contest! There are thousands of law firm websites out there, and we need your help to find the cream of the crop. Tell us about the best law firm websites you’ve come across.
How to Nominate a Website
Just enter the URL into the form below. Please don’t repeat nominations. This is a nomination, not a vote. Multiple entries don’t give you a better chance of winning; they give you a better chance of being disqualified for spamming. (Asking everyone you know to nominate your website is a bad idea for this reason.)
Apart from that, the rules for nomination are pretty simple:
- No self-interested nominations. If you design a website, host a website, do SEO for a website, work for the firm the website belongs to, or have any other interest in the website, you cannot nominate that website. If you cannot get one uninterested person to nominate it for you, then it probably isn’t worth nominating.
- Law firm websites only.
Nominations will remain open through February 8th.
How We Pick the Top 10
While drinking coffee or cocktails, depending on the time of day, and with the help of some web designers we respect. We won’t pick a winner; instead, we will whittle down the nominations to a top 10.
We don’t have strict criteria for picking the top 10, but, at a minimum, websites that make the top 10 will look good on all screens (i.e., be responsive) and have security, accessibility, SEO, calls to action, load speed, and design pretty well sorted out. We also look for websites that are well-optimized for their target market.
We do try to keep an eye out for misleading information. You won’t make the top 10 if we catch you calling yourself “experienced” your first year out of law school. We don’t conduct an in-depth inquiry into every site (and we aren’t up on the specific ethics rules of every jurisdiction), but we are on the lookout for misleading information, and we know our readers will take us to task if we miss something.
Finally, we don’t do SEO assessments. Every year the comments on our top 10 post are full of SEO consultants criticizing our top 10 because we haven’t used their SEO tool of choice. That’s by design. It’s just too hard to compare websites objectively on their search-engine effectiveness.
- Best Law Firm Websites, 2018 Edition
- Best Law Firm Websites, 2017 Edition
- Best Law Firm Websites, 2016 Edition
- Best Law Firm Websites, 2015 Edition
- Best Law Firm Websites, 2014 Edition
- Best Law Firm Websites, 2013 Edition
- Best Law Firm Websites, 2012 Edition
- Best Law Firm Websites, 2011 Edition
- Best Law Firm Websites, 2010 Edition