On this Page
About Aaron Street
Aaron Street is the co-founder and CEO of Lawyerist.com.
For the past 10 years, Aaron has been leading Lawyerist’s business growth and strategy. His career passion is building thriving culture- and impact-driven companies. In addition to his work at Lawyerist, Aaron is an angel investor and advisor in a variety of start-ups.
He’s spent over two decades working at the intersections of law, business, technology, and policy. His prior work includes corporate strategy consulting, launching a law school think tank, work in the US Senate and the White House, and helping to lead companies in the innovation and robotics industries.
Aaron is active in civic leadership and has served on the board of the ABA Legal Technology Resource Center, the State Assembly of the Minnesota State Bar Association, the board of the Hennepin County Bar Association, and as a trustee of the Hennepin County Bar Foundation. He is currently the treasurer of the Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless.
Aaron graduated cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School with a concentration in international trade law in 2004 where he was an articles editor of the Minnesota Journal of Global Trade and the graduate student representative to the University of Minnesota Board of Regents.
He, his wife Kelly, and daughter Mary Lou enjoy solving escape rooms, paddle boarding on Minneapolis lakes, and experimenting with fermentation projects in their kitchen.
Contact Aaron Street
You can contact Aaron Street and the rest of the Lawyerist team on our contact page.
- CEO of Lawyerist.com – 2009-present.
- Partner in Sunken Cellars Winery – 2019-present.
- Investor in Cerro Gordo Ghost Town – 2018-present.
- Program Attorney at Minnesota CLE – 2013-2016.
- COO at Global Robotics Innovation Park – 2012-2013.
- COO & General Counsel at Innovators International – 2011-2012.
- Interim Chief of Staff at the University of Minnesota Law School – 2008.
- Executive Director at the University of Minnesota Law School Institute for Law & Politics – 2007-2008.
- Treasurer & Counsel at Keith Ellison for US Congress – 2006-2007.
- Attorney at Weinblatt & Gaylord – 2006.
- Global Strategy Consultant at Thomson – 2004-2006.
- Intern at Office of Governor Jesse Ventura – 1999.
- Intern at The White House – 1999.
- Intern at Office of US Senator Paul Wellstone – 1998.
Education & License
- Licensed to practice in Minnesota since 2004.
- JD, cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School – 2004.
- BA, Phi Beta Kappa, University of Minnesota – 2001.
- Treasurer & Board Member of the Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless – 2018-2019.
- Board Member of the ABA Legal Technology Resource Center – 2015-2018.
- Board Member of the Hennepin County Bar Association – 2014-2018.
- Commissioner of the Minneapolis Charter Commission – 2006-2010 & 2014-2018.
- Member of the State of Minnesota Regent Candidate Advisory Council – 2016-2018.
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association State Assembly – 2014-2017.
- Trustee of the Hennepin County Bar Foundation – 2010-2013.
- Member of the Justice David Stras for Minnesota Supreme Court Campaign Committee – 2012.
- Board Member of Minnesota YMCA Youth in Government – 2008-2012.
- Board Member of the Minneapolis FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association – 2008-2009.
- Student Representative to the University of Minnesota Board of Regents – 2002-2003.
- Governor Ventura Appointee to the Minnesota Higher Education Services Council – 2000-2002.
Other members of the Lawyerist leadership team are available for speaking, CLEs, and webinars.
- Presentation to the NITA Board of Directors, “Thoughts on the Future of Small Law Firms” – 2018.
- Presentation to the CLE CEO Forum, “How Customer Data Can Drive CLE” – 2017.
- Minnesota State Bar Association Convention, “The 5 Most Dangerous Scams and Hacks Targeting Lawyers” – 2017.
- ABA TECHSHOW, “State of Legal Technology” – 2016.
- ABA Law Technology Today, “Five Steps When Choosing Law Practice Management Software” – 2017.
- ABA TECHREPORT, “2017 Mobile Technology.”
- ABA TECHREPORT “2016 Mobile Technology.”