You are Ready to Innovate
The practice of law is changing.
Clients have more options (including non-lawyer options). Clients have access to more information–about the law, the process, and prices. The changes consumers have experienced in other sectors (à la Amazon and Uber) means clients’ expectations about working with an attorney are changing too.
Most lawyers are content to stick their head in the sand and believe they can continue with business as usual. They will continue to focus on billable hours and outdated models. They want to dabble in some new things, but aren’t really committed to changing the way they serve their clients. If this feels like you, then Lab is not the place for you.
Some lawyers, however, see the changes on the horizon. They want to design a client-centered law firm, build a business with systems and processes that leverage technology, and produce a better quality legal product faster and for less money. They are ready to explore non-referral based marketing. They want to manage their firm based on data, not just their gut. These lawyers will be the innovators who will create new demand in untapped markets and will be poised to dominate their market.
If you are interested in designing a law firm for the future but could use some help and accountability, then Lawyerist Lab is for you so keep reading.
You are Ready to Focus on Your Entire Business
If you just want to focus on marketing or growing your book of business, then there are plenty of great programs out there, but Lab is not for you.
Lab is for entrepreneurs who recognize that running a law firm is running a business and for lawyers who want to hone their entrepreneurial skills. We focus on all aspects of your business because everything needs to work together. In the Lab, you will devour expert, concrete, digestible content in the areas identified in the Small Firm ScoreCard™. If you haven’t taken the ScoreCard yet, you should do that now. If the ideas discussed in the ScoreCard are areas that you’d like to improve, then keep reading.
Here is a quick peek at some of the topics you’ll cover in Lab’s year-long curriculum:
- Goals and Strategy
- Personal Goals
- Firm Strategic Planning
- Long-Term and Short-Term Goals
- Managing using Key Performance Indicators
- Client Acquisition
- Conducting and understanding a competitive analysis
- Understanding your buyer’s journey and creating a strategic marketing plan that attracts more potential clients
- How to use online and offline marketing activities to communicates value in a way that resonates with potential clients
- Designing a Client Intake System that converts potential clients into paying clients
- Client-Centered Services
- Creating a seamless intake, onboarding, and delivery experience for clients that reflect the kind of client experience they want
- Developing services and fees that are designed around the client’s goals and needs
- Capturing client’s feedback and working to improve satisfaction
- Systems and Procedures
- Using project management to increase productivity and efficiency
- Building systems and procedures for firm operations and client services workflows
- Personal productivity and time management
- Today’s tools to fulfill operation needs, streamline systems, and improve client services
- Data security protocols and policies
- Create a documented financial strategy and profitability model
- Establish an operating budget, understand financial reports, and use them to manage your firm
- Create written financial controls policy
- People and Staffing
- Build an accountability chart that clearly defines everyone’s roles and responsibilities
- Better hiring techniques and interview processes
- Onboard and training systems that nurture dedicated and happy team members
- Management and communication systems
- Creating a workplace and culture that reflects and rewards the firm’s values and vision
You are Ready to Work
Let’s face it. There is a ton of content on running a better business out there. You can read business books, blogs, and white papers, go to CLEs, and listen to podcasts. If you want to hear some new ideas or hear what others are doing, then Lab is not for you.
If you are ready to work on your business week in and week out—to implement sustainable, transformative changes that will help you innovate your practice, then keep reading.
Lawyerist Lab is about getting results. Results require work.
We get it. We know exactly what it is like to manage a growing law practice while simultaneously practicing law (yes, our program was designed by former managing partners of small, successful law firms). But you have to make time to tend to your business if you want to grow it.
To be in Lab, you must commit to spending 20 minutes a day (or 1-2 hours a week) creating and implementing the ideas you learn in Lab into your practice. We’ve built in a few catch-up weeks to help you out when that trial or big deal hits, but real success requires a real commitment to do the work.
You Could Use a Trainer
Some people go to the gym each day and push themselves to their limit without prompting. Others need an accountability partner or personal trainer.
In Lab, you are not alone. Our team is there to keep you on task and help you through the process. We answer questions and provide support. In addition, you will meet experts in the field and hear the latest actionable best practices to innovate your practice.
You Benefit from Community
Most importantly, you are part of our Lawyerist community. Our community is pretty damn special because of the amazing people that are in it.
Our community is filled with givers. They give their time, knowledge, and support to everyone in the community because they care about one another and about making the profession better.
To be part of our community, you are expected to participate and add value. Each Lab member is placed into a small group of lawyers who meet monthly for a mastermind session. For the group to work, you have to show up. You have to bring your best. Everyone has something special to offer. In exchange, you’ll receive the best of what our community has to offer. The Lab community will support you and celebrate your successes all along the way.
Lawyerist Lab is Different
Lawyerist Lab includes:
- Content and Implementation Tools. Lifetime access to the Lawyerist Lab online course. You’ll have access to bite-sized videos, templates, and worksheets designed to help you quickly digest the content and implement the ideas into your practice.
- Accountability/Support. Lab team members and other community members will hold you accountable, provide feedback, and answer questions in a vibrant online discussion group.
- Monthly Mastermind Calls. Each Lab participant is grouped into a carefully-curated small group and meets monthly for facilitated mastermind calls.
- Expert Workshops. Hear from and interact with leading experts in law practice management topics through online workshops.
- Lawyerist LabCon. Each participant is invited to this amazing in-person event modeled on the ever-popular TBD Law (price of the conference to be paid separately).
- Affinity Partnership Program. As a member of Lab, you’ll enjoy all the benefits offered to our Insider Plus community including our affinity partnership program. Take advantage of our collection of premium law practice survival guides, tools, and templates plus discounts with our hand-picked program partners.
Lawyerist Lab is a one-year investment. Participation costs $4,999 (monthly payment plans available) and is by invitation only.
New classes begin each February, May, August, and November. To be considered for the next class, complete the application form below. Eligible participants will be contacted for a telephone interview.