You’ve decided it’s time to move your law practice into the cloud. You’ve researched your options and you’ve picked the perfect web-based law practice management system for your law firm. Now what? How do you go about making the switch?
The path you’ll choose depends on whether you are starting from scratch and are just hanging out a shingle or already have existing software programs (“legacy systems”) in place.
A Few Things to Consider
As you plan your move to the cloud, here are a few questions to ask yourself before you make the switch:
- Does the software integrate with popular services, such as Outlook or Google Apps?
- Does the company assist with data migration?
- What types of data can be imported?
- Can you integrate folders and/or batch upload documents or do you have to upload every document separately?
- Does the law practice management software integrate and automatically sync with accounting software such as Quickbooks?
- Can I send invoices to my clients through the system? Can my clients pay their bills online?
To learn the easiest ways to transition to a web-based law practice management platform, download the MyCase eBook: “Moving Your Law Practice to the Cloud” by author Nicole Black.
Whether you’re currently using server-based law practice management software, are switching from another web-based provider, or are starting from scratch, you’ll discover that it’s really not as difficult of a process as you might think!