Do you write fiction? We like to read fiction. Send us your best writing for our annual short-fiction contest!
Entries must be original, previously unpublished works of fiction of no more than 5,000 words that feature a lawyer as a prominent character. Entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than midnight on August 1st, 2017.
The top two entries will be posted on Lawyerist.com and the authors will receive cash awards of $200 (first place) and $100 (runner up).
By submitting a work for consideration, you grant Lawyerist Media, LLC, a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to publish the work in any format, print or digital, if you win a prize.
Contest entries will be judged by an independent panel selected by the editor of Lawyerist.com. The winner and runner up will be announced as soon as possible.
- The Forgettable Man (2016 Short Fiction Contest Runner-Up)
- Life (2016 Short Fiction Contest Winner)
- Committers of Nothing (2015 Short-Fiction Contest Winner)
- Stare Decisis (2015 Short-Fiction Contest Runner-Up)
- The Beaches Are Always Sunny In San Diego (2014 Short-Fiction Contest Winner)
- Barely Legal (2014 Short-Fiction Contest Runner-Up)