The “About” page on your website is one of the most-visited. Because of that, having a good lawyer bio page is critical. Your professional bio should not just be a recap of your CV, nor should it just be a list of your accomplishments. Instead, it should include the following:
- Your name and title right up front.
- A professional headshot.
- A summary of what you do for your clients.
- An explanation of why you do what you do.
- Highlights of relevant accomplishments or civic engagements.
- Some personal (non-lawyerly) information.
- Your direct contact information.
Downloading this template will help you organize your bio and include the essentials. For more information, see our post on writing an engaging lawyer bio.