This download has more detailed information about each of Jeff’s tips:
- Give each page a good, relevant title (HTML tag).
- Write good content for each page, and give each a good meta description.
- If you use WordPress, install the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Create a directory structure for your pages that is descriptive and makes sense.
- Get listed on Google Maps for better local search.
- Ask your clients to leave a review on your Google listing (need a Google+ account).
- Match your Google+ account to your website.
- Create content around topics that are rarely discussed on other websites about your practice area.
- Create Facebook and LinkedIn pages for your law firm, and update them regularly, including with links back to your website.
- Write blog posts.
- Link to other websites.
- Use photos on every page and post.
- Do not make your law firm website all about you.
- Use headings in your pages and posts!