Have you ever wondered how your competition has great visibility for local search phrases?
Most likely, they’re implementing a variety of law firm web marketing strategies. Local law firm web marketing can be one of the most efficient ways to increase your professional visibility online. As search engines become more local and social, local law firm web marketing and seo are becoming increasingly effective.
Further, according to GetListed.org:
40% of search queries have Local intent, five percent of these use the city and/or state name, two percent use informal terms, like neighborhoods, and some even use zip codes.
Before you dive into how and where to execute these localized strategies, it’s probably worth doing some reading. Again, I recommend GetListed.org’s Local SEO Articles & Advice. At the risk of oversimplification, here are the main listing attributes that you will want to be sure to include in your listings:
- Your Business Title
- Your Business Phone Number
- Your Business Address
- Your Website
- Reviews and Ratings
- Photos / Videos
Before you launch into claiming profiles and building links and citations, it’s a good idea to gather this information and some pictures and reviews. Also, be sure to double check with your state bar’s rules on advertising and endorsements.
Local Law Firm Web Marketing To-Do’s
Fortunately, there are several inexpensive techniques that lawyers can use to increase their online visibility with local legal services consumers. Here are 25:
- Law Firm Marketing on Localeze.
- Listing Your Law Firm With Universal Business Listing.
- Claim Your Law Firm Listing on Yelp.
- Update Your Law Firm’s Information at InfoUSA.
- Get A Free Law Firm Listing at SuperPages.
- Register Your Law Firm at CityGrid.
- Claim Your Law Firm Listing at InsiderPages.
- Add Your Law Firm to Brown Book.
- Get A Free Listing from YellowPages.
- Purchase a basic listing from LawFirms.com / ExperHub.
- Register Your Law Firm at TargetLaw.
- Purchase a listing at Judy’s Book.
- Purchase a premium listing at Local BOTW.
- Purchase a listing at Elocallawyers.
- Purchase a listing at Lawyer-Directory.Net.
- Purchase a premium listing at HG.org.
- Claim & Update Your listing at HotFrog.
- Claim & Update Your Bing Local Profile (requires IE, boo).
- Claim & Update Your Yahoo Local Listing.
- Claim & Update Your Google Places Profile.
- Register Your Law Firm with Facebook Places.
- Claim & Update Your Avvo Profile (that is as long as you don’t have grievances against you).
- Register With JD Supra.
- Get Listed in the Justia Lawyer Directory.
- Register in the WashLaw legal directory.
These are just a handful of places to register your law firm that can have a significant positive impact on your law firm’s visibility for local search phrases. In addition to these sites, I also recommend that you seek out practice-relevant blogs and legal directories. Be sure to follow each site’s editorial guidelines and be consistent with your official law firm name, address, and phone number. Inconsistent information may confuse search engines and decrease the effectiveness of your citations.
Also, it’s important to keep in mind that these are really just a piece of the local web marketing pie. While building local links and citations from these websites is valuable, you shouldn’t expect that by submitting to these 25 sites that you will rank number one in search engines for higher volume and higher competition local search phrases.
Want to learn more about local search? Check out our resource page on the very topic!