CosmoLex is a good fit for firms looking for a robust all-in-one solution. It’s also great for firms who are looking for many different billing options. However, it’s probably not a good fit for firms that exclusively rely on Outlook.
More About CosmoLex
CosmoLex is cloud-based practice management software that streamlines timekeeping, calendars, reminders, and, as of its most recent set of updates, billing and accounting. Its mission is to try to eliminate the time attorneys often spend—and the errors attorneys inadvertently create—manually moving data from billing to accounting and back again. CosmoLex touts not having to use Quickbooks with their integrated billing and accounting, including bank feeds. This makes CosmoLex a good solution for firms who really want to manage their practice all in one place. Their robust billing services are perfect for lawyers who crave simplicity when charging various clients—hourly, fixed rate, retainer, and more. CosmoLex also has in-depth trust accounting, that automatically checks for common errors—like overdrafts and check fraud— while allowing you to stay current on bookkeeping.
CosmoLex’s dashboard gives you a quick snapshot of firm billing, timekeeping, balance, and client data. On this Dashboard and throughout, CosmoLex prioritizes accessing financial data, particularly what has been billed, not billed, or unpaid. You can sync up your Google calendar with Cosmolex’s internal calendar, but unfortunately they don’t have Outlook integration (yet). CosmoLex will also let you link your Box and Dropbox accounts for extra storage, which is key for firms looking to maintain their practice completely in the cloud.
|Billing & Invoicing||✓|
CosmoLex was founded in 2006 and CosmoLex Cloud, LLC is headquartered in the United States.
Links to More Articles on CosmoLex
- CosmoLex’s Client Portal Means Easy and Secure Communication With Your Clients
- Secure Communication Portals Are Becoming Common
- CosmoLex Adds Matter-Based Email for All Email Providers
- A Simple Step to Double Your Online Security (Sponsored)
- CosmoLex Law Practice Management Software
- Practice Management Software Selection — Five Commonly Overlooked Factors (Sponsored)
- 10 Questions Every Legal Accountant Needs To Be Able To Answer (Sponsored)
- Five Things Lawyers Must Know About Legal Accounting (Sponsored)
- Email and Accounting: Two Features that Distinguish Some Practice Management Software