Clio is a good fit for firms looking for exceptional user experience in the cloud. It’s also great for web and mobile app integrations if you like to work on the move. It’s probably not a good fit for firms looking for desktop software options.
More About Clio
Clio is a cloud-based, mobile-friendly law practice management software that has many tools a modern law firms need to run a successful practice. Manage contacts, time-track and sync your Clio calendar with Google, Outlook, and Microsoft Office 365. Handle documents with ease in Clio’s document manager, where you can collaborate with clients and view changes and edits, all within their secure portal.
Create tasks with due dates, bill using their basic accounting features, and track potential-client referrals in their Campaign Tracker. Stay on top of billable hours with their powerful time keeper. Track hours from your desktop, mobile, or tablet, make bulk entries at the end of the day, and pull hours straight from your calendar. With a long list of integrations (and new ones added frequently), you can easily work with programs like Microsoft Office 365 Business, Docket Alarm, and Ruby Receptionists.
With no internal email server, you have the option of adding a Gmail extension for Chrome that lets you save emails to Clio with attachments, add tasks, and bill time. Clio plays well with Google Apps in general, syncing calendars, contacts, and files from Drive. Clio uses SSL to secure your session whenever you are logged into Clio, and allows you to easily back up your server using Amazon s3.
|Billing & Invoicing||✓|
Clio was launched in 2008 and Themis Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Canada.
Links to More Articles on Clio
- Chrometa’s Passive Timekeeping Helps Capture Every Minute of Your Day
- Your Law Firm Is a Business, so Run It like One (Sponsored)
- Podcast #95: Goldilocks, Clio, and Apps for Access to Justice, with Katrina Leung
- The Clio Legal Trends Report: Big Data for Small Firms
- The Evolution of Law Practice Management Software Design
- Product Design, Better Documents, Client Service, and Ethics, with TBD Law Sponsors
- 5 Myths Clouding Your Firm’s Technical Competency (Sponsored)
- Free Guide: Strategizing Civil Litigation with Clio (Sponsored)
- Clio Introduces Campaign Tracker and Clio Payments
- Clio Law Practice Management Software
- Lawyerist at the 2015 Clio Cloud Conference
- Email and Accounting: Two Features that Distinguish Some Practice Management Software
- Clio Announces Cheaper and More-Expensive Pricing Options
- Clio Goes Blue, Releases its Android App, Integrates with Fastcase, and More
- Clio is Now Popular Enough to Have a User Conference
- Clio Unveils a Beautiful New UI Design
- Clio Releases its iPhone App
- Clio Updates with NetDocuments and Xero Integration, Promises an iPhone App “Worth the Wait”
- Clio Announces Google Drive Integration
- ScanSnap Adds “Send to Clio”
- PC Law vs. the Cloud
- Practice Management Software Explosion at #ABATechShow
- Clio, Rocket Matter and MyCase add Document Assembly
- Using Clio as Your Practice Management Software
- Is Clio Right For Your Law Firm?
- Evolve Your Law Practice
- Test-Driving Case Management Software: First Impressions of Rocket Matter & Clio
- Why Sam Should Use Clio for His Law Practice Management Software
- Rocket Matter Practice Management Software for Sam’s Law Firm?
- Rocket Matter: Is It The Right Software for My Law Firm?
- Clio: a promising, but pricey, practice management solution