Guest post by Lauren Pesko.
A law firm’s website should attract new clients, communicate with existing ones, and aid in the sharing of information among the lawyers of the firm. If an attorney website is skillfully constructed and has regularly-updated content, it can be an effective tool for search engine marketing, while still presenting your business in a credible, professional manner.
From an internal management perspective, too often a legal website is static, meaning even the simplest changes to the website can get bogged down in an IT to-do list or create added expense from outside technical services. Implementing a content management system to build your law firm’s website is an effective way to maintain a professionally designed site that can be updated at anytime, from any location by the lawyers and other staff themselves. These days, content management systems are vastly changing the law firm universe because news, articles, fresh content, and announcements can be performed almost instantaneously by office personnel.
Four ways in which implementing a content management system will benefit your law firm
- Content management systems are completely customizable. They are designed specifically to meet the discerning needs of the corporate brand and required infrastructure, CMS is all about ease, convenience and the utmost productivity.
- It is secure. A CMS ensures that the right departments and people are authorized to review and add content.
- A CMS delivers efficiency. Partners who are out of the office or working from home can receive and respond to time-sensitive information. Also, content created for almost any purpose, such as articles, seminars, and other instructive materials, can be easily reused on your website.
- CMS platforms allow for analytics. With a little dashboard practice you can really begin to understand the best ways to use your website for communication just by tracking how your visitors find and traffic through the site. Google Analytics as an example, is free, easy to insert and very powerful.
As you can see, content management systems are not only about simplifying work efforts and lowering the cost of productivity. In the marketing sphere, content management systems multitask as a viable promotional tool by:
- Establishing a firm’s credibility in a specific area of law. A website serves as a firm’s online portfolio. Having the access to keep this information fresh and updated will send the message out to potential clients that your firm is up-to-date, well-organized, an authority in your area and a step above your competitor.
- Exposing a law firm to media visibility. Content management systems are developed to syndicate news and events to search engines, ultimately disseminating information among media outlets. Whether it’s a high profile case, a partner’s contribution to the community or a law firm’s achievements, a CMS makes it easy to publish and firm updates and legal victories.
- It will be easier for potential clients to seek you out on the web. The best web content management systems are built specifically for Search Engine Optimization purposes. Executed properly, this will increase the likelihood that a potential client will come across your website in their search for legal services.
In the end, using a CMS to market your law firm is an economical and user-friendly online marketing tool that should prove to be a return on your investment.
Written by Lauren Pesko, Internal Marketing Associate for Auctori:law.