Redesign Your Law Firm’s Business Model for the Next Decade
If you are serious about preparing your practice for the next ten years, join a select group of ahead-of-the-curve lawyers like you who will reimagine the practice of law, rethink the way lawyers and clients work together, and retool their law-firm business models for the next decade—and demonstrate that innovative lawyer isn’t an oxymoron.
TBD Law is not open to everyone and it is not a CLE. At TBD Law you will work with your peers and a curated group of legal thought leaders to redesign your practice from the ground up.
Invitation Only, Diverse by Design
Attendance is capped at 75 so everyone’s voice can be heard. Since we have to be selective, we only accept applications from lawyers who are willing to engage with big ideas.Restricting attendance also lets us emphasize diversity. We take it as a given that innovative lawyers come in all genders, colors, and sexual orientations.
Not an Ordinary Conference
TBD Law is a unique mix of conference, summit, retreat, design-thinking workshop, and hackathon. We have replaced the speakers you would usually find on a conference agenda with probably the best meeting facilitators in the country: LexThink founder Matt Homann and the Filament team.
(After all, you can watch speeches on YouTube.)
By Innovators, for Innovators
Leave the status quo back home. At TBD Law you will focus on building the future of your practice with lawyers who will push you to engage with ideas outside your comfort zone and form goals you can take home.
Enough coffee, food, and drinks to fuel a day-and-a-half of intense conversations and mind-blowing practice hacking. At least one book to inspire you. An online community of innovators to help you reach your goals. An insanely fun trip to the City Museum. And a whole new perspective on the practice of law.
What TBD Law Alumni Are Saying
I had no idea what to expect, but I figured it would be pretty amazing. It was. TBD Law is THE BEST law conference I’ve ever been to!
Go! Make time in your schedule, make space in your budget, and go! These were the two most valuable days of my professional life as a solo, and I will continue to reap the benefits of these two days for years to come.
TBD is like no other conference. If you are serious about legal innovation, rethinking traditional law practice, and self-evaluation, do whatever it takes to clear your schedule and attend. The TBD experience requires you to think outside of the box and challenges the barriers that we often build to limit our law practices. It provides the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded colleagues from across the globe and the best part is it does not end after the conference is over.
Outstanding! A chance to join a think tank of the brightest and best lawyers. So here is the thing: I’m really an introvert in big groups, yet I found myself making friends, talking to anyone and everyone and finding a free exchange of everyone’s best ideas. After the conference, that culture has continued in full force. Hats off to Sam, Aaron, Lisa, and Matt!
TBD Law was unlike any conference I have attended. I left having met wonderful contacts and energized and inspired about my practice.
[I]t was about as far from traditional legal conferences and CLE sessions as you can get.
TBD Law is a Partnership between Lawyerist and Filament
TBD Law is brought to you by these amazing sponsors:
Posts About TBD Law
- Podcast #110: Personal Challenges, with Inti Martínez-Alemán, Megan Zavieh, and Tom Martin
- Damn Good Advice for Lawyers, from TBD Law, Part 2 of 2
- The 15 Biggest Mistakes TBD Law Attendees Have Made (and What They Learned)
- Damn Good Advice for Lawyers, from TBD Law, Part 1 of 2
- TBD Law and Diversity, TBD2 Update
- The Deadline to Apply for TBD Law is Monday, February 6th
- ABA Journal: TBD Law Is “About as Far from Traditional Legal Conferences … as You Can Get.”
- Save the Date: TBD Law Returns February 26–28 at Filament in St. Louis
- Podcast #83: The Future of the Legal Profession, with the Attendees of TBD Law
- Product Design, Better Documents, Client Service, and Ethics, with TBD Law Sponsors
- TBD Hackathon: Building the Law Practice of the Future
- Here’s What You Missed This Morning at TBD Law
- TBD Law 2016 Kicks Off Today in St. Louis
- TBD Law and Diversity
- Podcast #71: TBD Law, with Matt Homann
- Announcing TBD Law: Where the Future of Law Practice is To Be Determined