So you decided to go to law school despite the reports of doom and gloom and the well-meaning advice of all the successful lawyers you talked to. Hey, good for you! Maybe you are stubborn enough to succeed in this profession. But first, you have to graduate — ideally with some good grades — and pass the bar exam.
Here’s what you need to know to succeed on your final exams and pass the bar exam.
- How to Succeed on Law School Exams
- How to Succeed on the Bar Exam
- Law School Grades
- Top Law School Rankings
- Law School Bubble: Don’t Go to Law School
- Law School Exams
- How to Pay for Law School
- How to Choose and Apply for Law School
- Law School Mentoring Programs
- Law School Study Guide
- Networking Advice for Law Students
- Law School OCI & Clerkships
How to Succeed on Law School Exams
In law school, your grade is often determined by a single test: the final exam. Getting good grades, therefore, depends on just a handful of tests at the end of each semester. Obviously, it makes sense to put your best efforts into these exams.
These articles outline a deliberate approach to final exams and cover open- and closed-book exams, take-home exams, and even final papers.
- Law school is a mind game, here’s how to win it.
- To succeed on your exams, get in the right mindset, lay out a strategy, and put your head down and plow through them.
- The plan is key. Here’s how to create one.
- Finally, here are some exam tips worth checking out before you get started.
Tips for Specific Exam Types
How to Succeed on the Bar Exam
After graduation, the bar exam is the last thing standing between you your law license. To pass, you will need a plan, and here it is.
Bar Exam Prep
- Whenever you start preparing for the bar exam, start by getting your workspace, your work life, and your personal life in order.
- Ten weeks out, follow this six-step guide to planning your study.
- Not all study strategies work. Here are 5 good ones and 5 to avoid.
- Two weeks out, if you are getting overwhelmed, follow these 11 tips to de-stress.
- The weekend before the bar exam it is important to blow off steam, take care of yourself, and ensure you are ready to get started.
- On exam days, how to stay focused on the exam.
- The bar exam performance test is a slog. Here are three tips to finish it on time.
- If you worry about your ability to finish on time, follow these tips to speed up strategically.
Once you are done, all there is to do is wait.