4-Step Computer Security Upgrade
Learn to encrypt your files, secure your computer when using public Wi-Fi, enable two-factor authentication, and use good passwords.
For the convenience of those in attendance, here are my slides and the list of apps from today’s “30 Apps in 30 Minutes” presentation at Minnesota CLE’s “New Lawyer Experience” seminar.
- Cloak (iOS) or PureVPN (Android)
- Password managers: LastPass, 1Password, or Dashlane
- Google Authenticator
- Cloud storage encryption: Viivo or Sookasa
- Task managers: Remember the Milk, Wunderlist, or Clear (among many)
- Cloud storage: Dropbox or Google Drive (among many)
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Scanbot (iOS) or Camscanner (Android)
- Soulver (iOS only)
- Drafts 4 (iOS only)
- Accounting: Xero or QuickBooks Online
- Case management software: Clio, MyCase, or Rocket Matter
- Dark Sky
- Overcast (iOS) or Stitcher (Android)
- Social networks: Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Google Maps
- Google Translate
- Sky Guide