4-Step Computer Security Upgrade
Learn to encrypt your files, secure your computer when using public Wi-Fi, enable two-factor authentication, and use good passwords.
If you were on the fence about the Doxie Go until now, you may want to
wait just a little longer get it now. Doxie just announced an upgrade to its portable document scanner, which it will unveil at CES next week. The scanner itself will accept larger documents, including legal-size pages. The Doxie software adds a handful of new features, like document signing and faxing, integration with Dropbox and Basecamp, and more.
Here are the new features, from Doxie’s press release:
- Scan longer, scan legal. Doxie now scans paper up to 15” (38 cm) in length, handling U.S. legal documents and long receipts, plus standard sizes like business cards, photos, and U.S. Letter/A4 sheets
- Enhanced Dropbox + mobile integration. Use Doxie and Dropbox together to share your documents – now Doxie lets you save searchable PDFs to any folder in Dropbox in one step. And on iPhone + iPad, select scans to save to any Dropbox folder for access from any device.
- Sign documents, deliver faxes. Provide digital signatures and send faxes with the newly integrated HelloFax. Just select your documents, create a signature box, and send automatically via fax or e-mail.
- Wi-Fi: now just $30, now with Android. Doxie offers optional Wi-Fi for syncing scans wirelessly, now for just $30. Send scans wirelessly to your computer, iPhone, iPad, Evernote, and now Android smartphones.
- Basecamp project management. Manage projects and share tasks with Basecamp from 37signals. The new Doxie Go uploads business docs directly to any Basecamp project for sharing and commenting.
- Two all-new accessories for scanning anywhere. Introducing two new add-on Doxie accessories. The new Doxie A4 Case is a premium microfiber carrying case for Doxie, with a padded gray interior and magnetic clasp. And the new Worldwide Power Adapter lets you charge and scan at any wall outlet.