The U.S. Federal Trade Commission recently updated its guidelines regarding disclosures related to endorsements and testimonials.
We here at Lawyerist Media LLC not only want to comply with these federal guidelines, but also want to tell you how we are able to fund our daily publication of free law practice advice:
- We sell display ads (in our sidebar) to vendors of products and services that we think our readers might find valuable.
- We may run Google Ads at the bottom of our RSS feed.
- We run display ads and use text links for which we are paid or are “affiliates.” These affiliate relationships pay Lawyerist a small commission when readers buy from our affiliate vendors after following our affiliate link. Our paid links or affiliate relationships include: Commission Junction, FreshBooks, Chrometa, Thesis, Headways, 37Signals, Ruby Receptionists, and others.
- Lawyerist never reviews or endorses products or services in exchange for compensation. While we occasionally review products and services offered by our paying advertisers, those reviews are never promised as part of an advertising relationship.
- We sometimes review products after receiving a free sample of that product (software, hardware, books, etc.) We disclose those free review products in our reviews.
- We also directly sell some products and services of our own.
If you have any questions or comments about our compensation disclosures, feel free to contact us.